Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting Some Technique!




I have been dancing for a couple of years in the life-changing Rhythm & Motion Class at the Cincinnati Ballet. More on that (trust me, lots more on that!) to come.

But I figure if I'm gonna be a real 50 year-old dancer, I need to take some technique classes. So I did. Today I joined Ka-Ron Brown Lehman for her Adult Modern Class held at the Cincinnati Ballet. Her technique promises to make us "strong technical dancers with dynamic phrasing skills and amazing stamina!" And so we stretched and reached and contracted and plie'd ourselves for an hour and 15 minutes.

I'm not going to kid you, it was tough. My Pilates training made the core work relatively do-able but the sequencing and the balancing work we did ... dude, it was not easy.

But I'm going back. In two weeks we start up again and Ka-Ron will inspire us with her precise demands on our bodies while believing entirely that we have the ability to lift our spirits and really dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment