Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Slow dancing.


I cannot tell you how much I would love to dance real slow, for real, like at prom (snuggling up to some sweaty boy's neck trying to keep it cuddly and slow while "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd is beginning to get real fast but you are ignoring that since it is a stupid song to play last at prom anyway).

But for now, alas, I will enjoy the slow dance of Yin yoga.

Holy holy, I say.

Yesterday, super talented Rachel Roberts, owner of the Yoga Bar, was helping me with my new website that she designed for me. View the awesomeness here at www.stacysims.net.

It was late in the day and she suggested I stay for her Yin yoga class. And since I was sitting at the cool bar in her cool space (see photo above), my neuro-muscular system dug into its memory banks as to what you say when you are sitting at a bar and someone asks if you if you want more.

"Yes, please. And make it a double."

And that is what I did. I had done a hard class with Ka-Ron in the morning but it seemed to make sense to go for the slow dance at night. Rachel turned the lights down low and about 15 of us surrendered to slow movement, long poses and the gentle guidance of her kind words. I teared up a few times with gratitude and I don't think I was alone.

If you are looking to treat yourself to the slow dance of the healing variety, check out Rachel's class. You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment