Saturday, January 8, 2011

I found my voice.

Transitions Global Survivor Shares Her Story from Transitions Global on Vimeo

On this cold winter night, I am working on my curriculum for Cambodia. I arrive in Phnom Penh in two weeks and will do a week-long workshop with these amazing girls. I am so honored to work with Transitions Global in Cambodia! Check out this beautiful, inspiring video.

On one level, I think we can all relate to Srey Neth. Most of us know what it feels like to lose our voice. Sometimes, we conspire for our own silence. And sometimes, our voice is taken away from us along with our choice. Soon, I will learn even more about what connects us as humans in an imperfect world and what binds us as we work together to find the strength to help others.

Learn more about True Body Project and Transitions Global and how you can help raise your own voice and choose to end violence against girls and women and, in particular, commercial sexual exploitation here and abroad.


No comments:

Post a Comment