Sunday, February 6, 2011

Solitude is work.

This is my last night on the island.

Today was quiet. I gathered more shells for the girls at Transitions Global and wrote a little and walked a little and read a gripping thriller that I will borrow for my plane rides tomorrow and the next day.

I sat on the beach and took a minute to thank all of the people who helped make this trip possible, either through donations to True Body Project for my work in Cambodia and/or to me personally for my travel adventure. I have felt you all on this trip and I hope you feel in return the gratitude I sent you via the ocean waves and the soft breeze.

It is certain. I am an intrepid traveler. I can go it alone and have a great adventure. This is a good thing to know how to do.

But you know what all this quiet time in the last 10 days has taught me? I yearn more than anything to connect, either with words or movement or laughter.

I look so forward to sharing those things soon. Until then, my quiet and happy soul says thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment